DO YOU WANT TO?
Increase peer to peer training in your kitchens?
Give your managers and trainers added value?
Increase your Farm to School efforts?
Culinary Rooted in Georgia is for you!
What: Culinary Rooted in Georgia, will focus on farm to school culinary techniques. The training will:
- Provide tools necessary to increase skills and knowledge related to using local foods in school nutrition programs;
- Expand the capacity of School Nutrition programs to prepare and serve fresh locally grown produce that students will eat;
- Include instructional tools and resources that attendees can use and/or modify to share their knowledge
The culinary training will be two days and allow for 20 – 25 participants per location.
When and Where:
- Cobb County, January 9 – 10, 2019 at 991 Old Alabama Rd., SW Mableton GA 30126
- Rock Eagle, January 16 – 17, 2019 at 350 Rock Eagle Rd., Eatonton GA 31024
- Glynn County, January 23 – 24, 2019 at 4404 Glynn Co. Pkwy, Brunswick GA 31525
- Hall County, February 18 – 19, 2019 at The Oaks 2719 Tumbling Creek Rd., Gainesville GA 30504
- Jeff-Davis District, February 27 – 28, 2019 at 156 Collins St., Hazlehurst GA 31539
- Dougherty County, March 6 – 7, 2019 at 801W Residence Ave., Albany GA 31701
Who: School Managers, Assistant Managers and District Level Trainers
Cost: Registration fee is $35 per person
How: Registration is open now but limited. Don’t delay! Click on the location you want to register for above. This Culinary Rooted in Georgia Flyer contains all the information and the registration links.
Email questions to Farm2School@gadoe.org
This is brought to you in a partnership between
Georgia Organics, Georgia Department of Education School Nutrition Division and Royal Food Service.